INCANDESCENT

Intense. Radiant. Brilliant. Expressive.

11:10 AM

Call Me a DREAMER...

Posted by Candace |



     I have never been one for small dreams. Visions that only I could accomplish. Goals that I could say I finished alone. No! If we're going to hope, why not hope big...beyond our own capabilities? If we’re going to dream, why not dream OUTSIDE THE BOX? I'm not the daughter of a small minded Father, so why should I be fearful to act like him...dream like him? So what no one has ever done it! Maybe it’s for you to be the first. Don’t be afraid to be a Trail Blazer. So what no one believes you can do it! Believe in yourself. So what you don’t have a degree in that field! Research, study, practice so when the door is opened, you’re not scrambling to ready yourself for something God gave you time to prepare for. Accomplishing our dreams is not only for us to become wealthy, stable, give us bragging rights or accolades. It is not to boost our pride, prove the “haters” wrong, or even make us feel complete. It is to advance God’s Kingdom. His will. His heart.

     We tend to forget that the “good” that we’re wanting to come out of our success is directly pipelined into our heart from God’s heart. Do you really think you came up with these great ideas all your own, just for you? We pray for His will to be done and for what breaks his heart to break ours and then we put stipulations on it…

“It must happen this way, with this many people, by this age, in this season, with a max percentage of this much discomfort/pain/displacement.”

     We dream small to make sure we remain comfortable. To have just enough. Not too much to temp us, not too little to complain. Or we are too fearful to dream big because we don’t know the price we will have to pay for that platform. We’re afraid we will fall into the holes that have engulfed so many before us. We secretly declare “that will never be me because …” and all the while God could be saying,

“But I have chosen you to be a great voice to my people. Trust me and I will guide you around/out of the snares of the enemy. I will not let your foot strike a stone. I will protect you and keep you. I will take guard of your name because you are doing all these things I am showing/guiding/telling you to do in MY NAME.”

     May the Lord bless and keep the dreams that are in His will and sift out the ones that are not. I pray that the dreams that were lost due to rejection, weariness, fear, procrastination, disobedience or discouragement be FULLY resurrected. Yes Lord, break our hearts for what breaks yours but also give us the patience, fortitude and grace needed to endure it as well as the courage and boldness needed to go AGAINST the grain…the norm. Protect and lead those that are called to any size platforms and do not let our dreams become a victim of our environment, circumstances or past, but water and nurture it to grow into the FULL fruit it was meant to be, lacking fear and full of boldness.

0 comments:

Subscribe